An Introduction to Extinction Rebellion (XR) - our values, what we do and why we do it, how to get involved if you wish - with a Cornish flavour!
Click the Zoom link up to ten minutes before the event starts:
At this Introduction we will:
- Provide information about what XR is, and how XR works.
- Give you a taste of XR culture and how we do things.
- Give you the chance to go away and decide whether or not XR is a movement you want to be involved with
We will discuss:
- Where did XR come from? What is civil disobedience & direct action? Why we are non-violent.
- What is the extinction rebellion about? What do we want?
- What are our principles and values? What brings us together?
- How are we organised? What are local groups, working groups and affinity groups?
- How you can learn more
There is no commitment to further involvement but you will have a chance to explore the many ways you could get involved and what would suit you.
The event is free but you are very welcome to make a donation.
Turn up on the day using the Zoom link above (you will need to create a Zoom account). Please note - if you have not installed Zoom on your device (laptop, phone etc) please do this in good time before the meeting. You can click on the link above at any time and it will prompt you to install Zoom.
We hope to see you there!
To see all events and training coming up go here: