An Introduction to Non Violent Communication when Working in Teams - FREE
Join us for Part 1 on Thursday 25th February 7-9pm and Part 2 (for those who have done Part 1 ) on Wednesday 3rd March
This workshop has been organised for all XR Teams and groups, including Anchor Circles, Local Groups, Working Groups, Town Meetings, and Affinity Groups. All interested are welcome.
NVC for Teams Part 1 (7-9pm 25 February 2021)
Movements most often fail because of internal conflicts. Disagreement can arise when we work together to achieve a common goal. People have different ways of doing things, different past experience, different priorities and different ways of processing and communicating.
This workshop will be helpful in learning ways to improve our communication to express ourselves clearly and respectfully, and to help us work together harmoniously, prevent conflict, and recognise conflict early and prevent it from escalating.
An Introduction to Non Violent Communication when Working in Teams Part 1
This workshop is a 2-hour introduction to the principles of thinking and interacting with others in a non-violent manner. It is the first of a two-part series to give you the skills to bring non-violence into building a more productive and enjoyable team environment.
The workshop will include:
* An explanation of the way of thinking which brings us into treating ourselves and others in a non-violent way.
* An exercise to help us see existing patterns of behaviour that can be considered to be violent in this context.
* Understanding the importance of feeling heard to our sense of calm and psychological safety with others.
* Exercises in being heard and being ignored and our relationship to the feelings that arise.
* An introduction to the idea of how we all share the same needs as human beings.
* Final discussion, questions, and conclusions.