An Introduction to Non Violent Communication when Working in Teams - FREE
Join us for Part 2 (for those who have done Part 1 ) on Wednesday 3rd March
This workshop has been organised for all XR Teams and groups, including Anchor Circles, Local Groups, Working Groups, Town Meetings, and Affinity Groups. All interested are welcome.
NVC for Teams Part 2 (7-9pm 3 March 2021)
Movements most often fail because of internal conflicts. Disagreement can arise when we work together to achieve a common goal. People have different ways of doing things, different past experience, different priorities and different ways of processing and communicating.
This workshop will be helpful in learning ways to improve our communication to express ourselves clearly and respectfully, and to help us work together harmoniously, prevent conflict, and recognise conflict early and prevent it from escalating.
This workshop is a 2-hour introduction to how to apply the principles of non-violence when working with others. It is the second in a two-part series to give you the skills to bring non-violence into building a more productive and enjoyable team environment. A pre-requisite for attending this workshop is to have already attended part 1 of the same series.
The workshop will include:
* Summary of the key points learned in part 1.
* Discussion of how understanding everyone's needs is a pre-requisite to finding inclusive ways forward with a particular task.
* Recognising and managing situations where pain arises from not feeling heard and understood.
* Exercise in managing the dance between feeling pain and feeling understood.
* Discussion of challenging team situations that have arisen for the workshop attendees.
* Ideas for team organisation to apply the concepts that have been discussed.
* Final discussion, questions, and conclusions.
Please note that we plan to record the main session (but not breakout rooms) to help with future learning. You have the option of turning your camera off and/or changing your name on Zoom during full-group sessions.
The event is free but you are very welcome to make a donation.
When you register you will be sent the zoom link. (You will need to have or create a Zoom account). Please note - if you have not installed Zoom on your device (laptop, phone etc) please do this in good time before the meeting.
We look forward to seeing you there!
To see all events and training coming up in Cornwall click here:
Cornwall Talks & Training